At Gippsland Physiotherapy Group we have a unique, innovative and comprehensive new graduate development program that has been created and refined over 15 years.
The components of this extensive program are:
- Operations Manual – comprehensive information (over 200 pages) on all the policies and procedures involved in working in a GPG private practice including areas not covered in under-graduate programs such as compensable bodies and clinical strategies
- Clinical Mentorship – the allocation of an experienced clinical mentor to guide and mentor each new graduate including case reviews to promote active case based learning
- Continuing Education Allowance – a generous annual allowance for continuing education courses is provided to ensure that all new graduates have the opportunities to pursue their own areas of special interest and consolidate their learning in various clinical areas
- Development Days (Core) – the provision of 7 full day paid continuing education days over the first two years of graduation that are run internally and provide all of the learning required to build comprehensive and high level skills as a private practice clinician
- Development Days (Specialised) – the rare opportunity to participate in 3 two day courses per year presented by external experts that run their events specifically for GPG. The courses are high level and on popular areas of interest such as sports medicine, dry needling and the shoulder. As a team member of GPG the courses are discounted for participants, run as internal events and the continuing education allowance can be used to cover the cost
Some additional information is provided below on both the Core and Specialised Development Days.